FIND ARTICLES ON
SIGN UP FOR NEWSLETTER
Be Zwell informed and gain greater control of your health! Get straight forward information, specifically for people 50 years and older, from Trusted Advisors in the Health and Wellness field. It's FREE.
"The article on low stomach acid by Jill Hillhouse was the best, most comprehensive I have ever read on the topic. Kudos to the writer. This newsletter is going to get forwarded to a lot of nutrition clients."
Helen P. - BA, RNCP, ROHP
Learn : How your body works, how various conditions effect your body, how to fight disease, get health news, product information, the lastest scientific discoveries on aging and special Zwell offers.
"I have to admit, I was somewhat in the dark before I started getting your newsletter. Keep it coming."
Nancy (Fredricton, NB)
Dr. Marcus Laux
N.D. Naturopathic Doctor
Malibu, California, USA
Dr. Marcus Laux is a world renowned expert in natural medicine. Dr. Laux is a licensed naturopathic physician who received his doctorate from the National College of Natural Medicine (NCNM) in Portland, Oregon in 1985. In 1991, Dr Laux received his D. Hom. (MED) in the first graduating class from the College of Homeopathy in Santa Monica, Calif. headed by Trevor Cook MD, the Queen’s former personal physician.
For nearly two decades, Dr Laux maintained a successful full-time private family practice in Beverly Hills and Malibu, California. Dr. Laux has served as an assistant adjunct professor at Emperors College of Traditional Oriental Medicine in Santa Monica, Calif., as Clinical professor of OB/GYN at NCNM, and is an adjunct faculty member at Bastyr University of Natural Health in Kenmore, Washington.
Currently, Dr Laux can be seen weekly on Healing Quest, the long running PBS TV series where he presents his Natural Medicine Update. Dr. Laux appears regularly in the media as a natural health and medical expert, including CNN, PBS, BBC, CTV, and Fox News. He hosted his own live network TV series for Granada TV across Europe, The Natural Health Show. His Hollywood Health segments aired on Europe’s all-time highest rated morning show, This Morning. He also hosted his daily news segments, Wellness Watch with Dr Marcus Laux, across Canada.
Dr Laux has served on numerous scientific advisory boards for leading science-based natural medicine companies, including Enzymatic Therapy, Bionorica, EuroPharma, and McZand. He has presided as the chairman of the Scientific and Strategic Advisory Board for Unigen Pharmaceuticals from 2002-2007.
Dr Laux has been instrumental in helping launch several new dietary supplement innovations for leading companies, including Nature’s Way, Cognis (Henkel), Integrative Therapeutics, Qivana, Boiron, and Toyo Bio-Pharma. Dr. Laux has traveled extensively throughout Asia, Europe, and the Americas to experience the indigenous healing practices and learn their native pharmacy and medicines first-hand. He testified before the Clinton Presidential Commission on Dietary Supplements on behalf of the National Natural Foods Association, and has presented novel nutritional research at the United Nations, The Washington Press Club, SupplySide, the Natural Products Expos, and Dr Lester Packer’s Oxygen Club.
Dr Laux has been a leading educator and respected pioneer to the Natural Products industry for three decades. He has presented cutting edge continuing medical education to doctors and pharmacists worldwide for more than 20 years. Dr Laux has changed pharmacy forever through creating the term “Bio-Identical” hormone for his ground-breaking book, Natural Woman, Natural Menopause(HarperCollins), which has singularly improved the lives of millions of women worldwide.
In addition, he was the editor of Naturally Well Today, an international monthly newsletter published by Healthy Directions from 2003 to 2009. Dr. Laux is the co-author of The Ten Top Alternative Therapies, Natural Woman, Natural Menopause, Living Well with Food Intolerance, FVG Pine Bark, Walking with the Wise for Health and Vitality, The Fountain, After a Stroke, The Healing Powers of Pearl, and The King’s Crown. His latest book will be released in 2011, Myth, Lies, and Nutritional Nonsense.
Asked to comment on Zwell’s holistic approach to wellness, The Four Pillars of Zwellness, Dr. Laux responded –
“Health is a natural recipe created from love in your heart blended with smart lifestyle choices and consistent daily habits.
“Nature’s gifts of fresh water, clean air, and real foods appear perhaps too simple, yet they are demandingly essential and absolutely critical. Accept no substitutes as there are none as far as your health is concerned!
“Sleep is not an option, as it singularly renews supreme. Go ahead, try not to breath, or eat, or sleep. You command health by following nature’s lead!
“Exercise is natures’ anti-aging elixir extraordinaire, so use it or lose it. It’s your choice, so make the best one for health at every age.
“It has been said that all disease is curable, just not every person. By giving nature a helping hand, all things are possible. ‘The surgeon cuts, the physician sutures, but it is Nature alone that heals’ ”
Articles by Dr Marcus Laux :
- A Man’s Private Concerns – Addressing Erectile Dysfunction
- Avoiding A Stroke Isn’t Just Luck
- Blood Sugar Management And Nutrition – Video
- Diabetes Of The Brain – How Your Choices Effect It
- Don’t Gamble With Your Blood Pressure
- Dr. Laux Explains D-Ribose Video
- Dr. Laux’s Personal Regime For Vitality – Video
- Dr.Marcus Laux:Younger U – AM740 Info Spots
- Eat Sweet (and Smart) With These Sweetener Tips
- Food Is More Than Fuel
- Get A Good Night’s Sleep — For Good
- Get Moving And Stay Active – Video
- Good Sleep Is Essential For Good Health – Video
- How Supermeal Can Improve Digestion – Video
- How to Pick the Best Cinnamon Extract
- IBS Explained And More – Video
- Joint Pain Discussion with Joint Health Expert, Dr. Kelly Upcott, ND – Audio
- Keeping Your Colon Healthy
- Living With Cancer
- Making Your Meals More Agreeable
- Male Sexual Health – Video
- More Than Just a Fleeting Memory
- Pass On The Flu Shot
- Personal Regime for Staying Active – Video
- Pillars for Living Better Longer – Video
- Regaining And Retaining Your Energy As You Age
- Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth
- Stress Is The Killer – Video
- The Bitter Truth For Digestion
- The Fish Oil Evolution – A Prize Catch!
- The Other Magic Mushrooms – Cancer Therapy That Works
- The Rainbow of Antioxidants Colors Your World With Health
- The Truth About Supplements
- Time for a Good Spring Cleaning
- Waist Not, Want Not: Burn Belly Fat To Fight Blood-Sugar Disorders
- What Makes A Good Meal Replacement – Video
- What You Should Know About Energy Video
- What Your Adrenal Glands Do
- Your Body Is On Fire